I'll be the first to admit, Christ rising does not equate to bunnies and stuff. But once we're over the hump of Valentine's Day, every store brings out peeps and chocolate bunnies. So you know what they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Although I'm obviously not Christian or Catholic, I can still partake in fun parts, right? These DIY placemats were pretty fast to make. You'll need:
- Pouncer Brush
- Painter's Tape
- Stencil (I stumbled on mine by luck and there are tons of different ones out there. I was actually going to use a cookie cutter originally)
- Fabric adhesive
- Cut your burlap - I had a long piece of burlap that I just placed over some placemats I had and cut them up. Also, depending if it frays, I'd run a lighter over the edges to seal them.
- Tape your stencil using painter's tape
- Pounce, pounce, pounce with your pouncer brush. Be careful not to paint under the stencil. Just pounce on top. Also don't forget to line your burlap as the paint will most likely come through.
- Now the hard part - wait until it's fully dry!
- Once dry, glue the pom-pom as a fluffy rabbit tail. Wait for it, once more to fully dry and voila!