If I ever decide to live anywhere else in the world, it would definitely be San Francisco. I knew that the Golden State was different than the Empire State and I was pleasantly surprised when I was there. Between the food, the sights and just their general quality of life, I was swept off my feet, like a teenage girl falling in love for the first time.
- Golden Gate Bridge – it’s red, it’s majestic and awesome in its own way.
- Pier 39 – just to see some sea lions. They’re loud and oh so cute.
- Alcatraz – this site is a bit depressing, but it’s worth a trip.
- Tartine Bakery – this place is to die for, we ended up taking some bread back to our gracious hosts
- Chez Panisse – we didn’t end up making it here, but for the epicures, I heard that this is the Mecca
- Hog Island Oysters – buy a bag and shuck them yourself, wash it down with a local beer. All that labor is totally worth it
- Cowgirl Creamery – I love cheese and this place is off the hook. Just a word of warning, don’t eat cheese after oysters, trust me on this one